How to nominate students (.pdf file)
- Fall semester (August - December): April 15
- Spring semester (January - June): October 1
Nomination process for partner institutions
NIH partner institutions who are registered with one or more accounts will receive an e-mail with username and instructions for how to use the service. To be registered as a new user in the system, please contact us at email@example.com
You log in to the NIH online nomination service:
The Nomination portal supports Internet Explorer 8 or newer versions, along with most other browsers (e.g. Safari, Opera, Firefox, Chrome).
- Username: Your username is the email-address which is sent to you in an e-mail from Norwegian School of Sport Sciences International office. (If you have not received this email, please see "Contact us" below).
- Password: To log in the first time you must order the password from the log in page. Enter your e-mail address (the address stated in the email from the Norwegian School of Sport Sciences) and click on "Send password".
Upload relevant documents
The institution or the student must upload the necessary documents. After the student has applied you will have the possibility to upload documents. All documents should first be scanned and saved on your pc.
To upload the documents you click on “Documents and Details” under the “Action” section, and on "Choose" to browse for the documents. The documents you open will be uploaded directly into the system.
Repeat the process for each of the nominated students.
Relevant documents for students to upload
- University Transcript of Records/ mark sheet/ index/ relevé de notes of post secondary education (Translated into English if original is not in a Scandinavian language)
- Motivational Letter in English or a Scandinavian language
- Copy of the information page of students passport, or national ID card
You may log in again later to upload more documents and to check the application status of your nominated students.
E-mail to students: When you have completed the nomination, the student will receive an email from NIH confirming that they have been nominated by your institution. They will be given further instructions for completing their application in the NIH online application portal (Søknadsweb).
Student application status: You can keep track of each student's status by logging in on the online nomination service any time. On the “Available agreements and admission” webpage you may see all relevant agreements and the application status of your nominated students; nominated, applied, admission granted, withdrawn etc.. You may also upload further documents for each student.
Application process for students
The nominated students will be sent an e-mail which contains a link to the NIH online application portal ("Søknadsweb"), and instructions on how to complete the application. The students must complete the application and upload required documents online by:
- April 30 for exchange beginning fall semester (August - December or August - June)
- October 1 for exchange beginning spring semester (January - June).
Letters of Admission will be uploaded in the application portal end of May for the fall semester and end of October for the spring semester.
If you are a NIH partner institution, and plan to nominate students to NIH, but not received a username, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please send us your name, e-mail address and institution you are affiliated with and specify which agreement(s) (or field of study/ subject area) you are responsible for.