Guidelines for change of supervisor in case of conflict
- Head of Department will invite the parties to a discussion. Both parties should have the opportunity to get heard.
- Based on discussions, the parties try to solve the situation. The Head of Department is responsible for follow-up.
- If the situation cannot be solved, and one or both parties asks to be relieved from the supervision agreement, the issue shall be handled by the Committee for Research Education ("KFU")
- In case of a conflict, the leader of KFU may hear the parties before the issue is presented to KFU. KFU will make a decision, nominate a new supervisor and relieve the previous supervisor from the supervision agreement.
- KFU will inform both parties about the decision.
Guidelines approved by KFU September 9th 2009.