OVERVIEW & PURPOSE
This interdisciplinary symposium aims to provide a forum for scholars to explore various approaches to the study of meaning and meaningfulness in sport. We welcome presentations exploring meaning and its relationship with learning and development in sport, exercise and physical education. The topics may include, but are not limited to:
- Meaningful experiences in sport and physical education
- Meaning-oriented movement cultures
- Meaning-oriented sport pedagogy
- Existential-phenomenological approaches to meaning
- The study of meaning in nature and outdoor activities
- Social and cultural studies of meaning in sport
PRESENTATIONS & PARTICIPATION
If you would like to present your work (20 minutes + 10 minutes discussion), please send the title of your presentation along with a short description of the content to us by 31.01.2020.
The event is free of charge and open to all (including students). Lunch is not provided.