Contact the IKT-department to install EndNote on your computer.
Are you still using Reference Manager? The program is no longer available, and we recommend converting to EndNote.
Visit EndNote support for more information about EndNote.
Contact senior librarian Karianne Hasledalen if you have any questions.
Change settings before starting to use EndNote
Open or create a new library
Start EndNote, open an existing library or make a new library:
- Open a library: File -> Open -> Open Library
- Create a new library: File -> New...
Name the library and choose where to save it - your H-disk or a memory stick (do not use the C-disk)
Configure the duplicate controll by clicking the following:
- Windows: Edit > Preferences > Duplicates
- Mac: EndNote X7>Preferences>Duplicates
This window is displayed:
- Tick off Volume and Issue in the box (author, title and year is already ticked off).
- Tick off Automatically discard duplicates under Online Search Results to activate the duplicate controll.
- You can also choose what information you want to be displayed in the library, like author, year of publication and title. Choose Display Fields in the left hand menu.
Click OK or Apply to finish.