Please note that NSSS does not offer any scholarships.
Norwegian is the language of instruction at the Norwegian School of Sport Sciences, and therefore it is necessary to have a good command of the language. All applicants must also satisfy the requirements for English language. More information about the language requirements is found here.
Undergraduate level, first year: Basic course in sport science
- Admission requirements: The minimum requirements for Higher Education Entrance Qualification in Norway (generell studiekompetanse). Applicants must also satisfy the language requirements.
- Deadline for international applicants: 1 March
Undergraduate level, 2nd and 3rd year
- Admission requirements: Successful completion of the basic course in Sport Science at the Norwegian School of Sport Sciences, or a similar one year course. Applicants must also satisfy the language requirements.
- Deadline: 15 April
Other undergraduate level courses (one year courses
-NSSS offer other 1 year courses that can be included in a Bachelor’s degree. Entrance requirements and deadlines vary according to the different courses. Applicants must satisfy the language requirements.
- Admission requirements: Bachelor’s degree in sport and physical education. Advanced studies in the academic area chosen for graduate study. The average grade must be C or better in the major area. Applicants must also satisfy the language requirements.
- Deadline: 1 March
- For enquiries about the PhD studies, please send an e-mail to .